Board of Education Announcement
The next regular Board of Education meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Thurs., January 24, 2019, in the McNair Administration Board Room located at 8136 Groby Road, University City, MO 63130. Click here for more information including agenda, minutes and more, posted at www.ucityschools.org/BoardDocs.
The School District of University City is organized and governed by a seven-member Board of Education, elected by the public to serve as the educational advocates of our community's youth. The voters of the District elect Board directors for three-year staggered terms, with two directors elected in two successive years and three directors elected every three years. All board members are elected at-large and serve without monetary compensation.
The Board of Education is responsible for:
- Assuring school district performance.
- Hiring and evaluating the superintendent and delegate all administrative responsibilities.
- Adopting evaluation policies.
- Approving the school district's budget.
- Connecting with the community.
- Establishing goals and evaluating outcomes.
Board meeting schedule, agenda and minutes are available at www.ucityschools.org/BoardDocs.