Welcome to Brittany Woods Middle School!
While moving up to sixth grade is an exciting time of transition, we realize that it's all new to you. That's why our entire school team is standing by to help you find your way. We can't wait to meet you! On the first day of school, please come ready to make new friends and to set new achievement goals. In turn, our bold promise to you is that over the next three years, we will help you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence you need to surpass your "first day" of middle school goals. When the time comes, you will be ready to move up to University City High School with new purpose and with a new determination to reach higher and dream BIGGER! The future is yours and it all starts here!
We are open all summer, so please call the school directly at (314) 290-4280 if you have any questions.
- Meet our School Administrative Team
- Principal: Elliott Shostak
- Administrator Assigned to Sixth Grade: Yvonne Rooks
- Dean of Students & Instruction: Catherine Pautsch
- School Counselor Lincoln Team: Rashaad Davenport
- School Counselor Mizzou Team: Kellie Douglas
- School Social Worker: Allegra Grawer
- Registrar: Chantaine Coffman - Call (314) 290-4293 to schedule enrollment appointment
- Special Dates for 2020-2021 Sixth Graders (C/O 2027)
- Transition Field Trip for Fifth Graders to Visit Brittany Woods: Tues., Jan. 21 (Barbara C. Jordan and Flynn Park) and Thurs., Jan. 23 (Jackson Park and Pershing)
- Incoming 6th Grade Transition Night: Wed., Jan. 29, 6:30 p.m. in the Gym
- Fifth Grade Field Day: April/May TBA
- All-Student Walk-in Registration: Aug. 3 & 4
- National Night Out & Back To School Rally: First Tuesday in August (Aug. 4, 2020 - 5-8 p.m.) on McNair Campus
- Sixth Grade COMPASS Orientation: Aug. 5 & 6
- First Day of School: Mon., Aug. 24
- Sixth Grade Overnight Camp: Fall 2020
- Enrollment: Online enrollment process requires access to Tyler Parent Portal
- New U City families may begin by completing the Quick Registration Form (1-page PDF) and following up with an enrollment appointment with the school registrar.
- Registration for course selection
- Incoming sixth graders who attended a District elementary school will register for courses in Spring 2020.
- New student families will select courses upon enrollment with the school registrar.