Riding the Bus During COVID
Our transportations leaders have made some adjustments to our bus system to accommodate students returning to the classrooms in 2020.
While physical distancing is ideal on the bus, it may not always be feasible given the number of student buses and student riders and space limitations. The District continues to work with the bus transportation company to address safety concerns.
A recent parent survey indicated that about two-thirds of parents who will be sending their children to in-person instruction will opt to drive them to school. This, combined with the use of student cohorts, will very likely provide additional space for riders to safely spread out on the bus. The District highly encourages parents to provide transportation if they are able. This will enable students who must take the bus to ride safely with effective social distancing.
Our current safety guidelines include:
- Students and drivers will wear masks
- Bus drivers will have a health screening with daily temperature checks
- Buses will load from rear to front
- Students from the same household will sit together
- Windows will remain open, weather permitting
- Hand sanitizer will be available on the buses
- High touch areas on buses will be wiped down in between routes and buses will be disinfected each night
Bus Routes 2020-2021
Bus routes are subject to change prior to the start of school and during the first several weeks of school. Changes occur due to road construction, test runs of bus routes and other factors. Students directly affected by any change in their bus route should receive a letter indicating that change.
To view bus routes, click the following links for a downloadable PDF:
- Barbara C. Jordan Elementary: Bus Routes (updated 100920; 2-page PDF)
- Flynn Park Elementary: Bus Routes (updated 100920; 2-page PDF)
- Jackson Park Elementary: Bus Routes (updated 100920; 2-page PDF)
- Pershing Elementary: Bus Routes (updated 100920; 1-page PDF)
- Brittany Woods Middle School: Bus Routes (EFFECTIVE DATE OF CHANGE, MARCH 2021; 3-page PDF)
- University City High School: Bus Routes (EFFECTIVE DATE OF CHANGE, MARCH 2021; 3-page PDF)
- Julia Goldstein ECEC: Bus Routes (updated 100920; 1-page PDF)
For questions about bus transportation eligibility for your student, please contact your school's main office or the District transportation office at (314) 290-4046.
For information regarding discipline on the bus, please refer to the Student Expectations Guilde.